Airway Prosthodontics – Taking Dentistry Beyond Sleep Apnea and Advancement Appliances New Course
14 CE Credits
Airway Prosthodontics is the study of aberrant breathing — when awake and asleep — and its impact on the development and health of the stomatognathic system. This specialty moves beyond sleep appliances and their impact on the airway during sleep.
Learn to recognize breathing-disturbed sleep and the associated anatomic "choke points" of respiration. This course will give you a solid foundation and systematic approach to controlling and resolving airway issues and their associated dental co-morbidities within a restorative dental practice.
Participants Will Learn:
- To understand how breathing-related disruption of sleep is not limited to apnea
- How upper airway flow limitation creates an environment for poor sleep consolidation and chronic stress
- To identify the three categories of airway patients and the screening questionnaires and monitoring devices employed for each group
- The causal and correlational relationships between the top 10 dental problems and dysfunctional breathing
- The importance of breathing disordered sleep on the systemic, neurocognitive, and craniofacial development of our pediatric patients
- To determine why the ideal time for intervention is when children are 4 years old, and how dentistry needs to adapt to a Prevent-Control-Resolve strategy
- To understand the importance of nasal breathing, the damaging sequela of mouth breathing, and the strategies to promote proper function
- A systematic approach to controlling and resolving sleep-induced airway issues – This six-step protocol walks dentists through an evaluation and management strategy that ranges from simple options to manage airway issues to progressively more complex solutions.
- How to expand your interdisciplinary dental team to include sleep physicians, otolaryngologists, myofunctional therapists, and more
- Treating Comprehensive and Esthetic Cases With a Digital Workflow
- Live Patient Implant Seminar with a Digital Workflow
- Airway Prosthodontics – Taking Dentistry Beyond Sleep Apnea and Advancement Appliances
- Treating the Terminal Dentition and the Fully Edentulous Patient
- Implants – The Surgical/Restorative Connection
- The Art of Treatment Planning and Case Presentation
- Interdisciplinary Management of Esthetic Dilemmas
- Demystifying Occlusion
- Treating the Worn Dentition